Brand Evangelist (Vancouver, Toronto, chicago)
DeeBee’s Brand Evangelists are the local face of our brand and the ambassadors of our delicious, nutritious TeaPops. Representing our rapidly growing natural food brand, the DeeBee’s Brand Evangelist will focus on activities that will drive forward brand awareness in a targeted region. Reporting to the Marketing Coordinator and the Director of Business Development, the Brand Evangelist will target retail accounts focused in key neighborhoods in their region. As an expert in customer interface, the Brand Evangelist will perform in-store demos with a commitment to flawless program and brand execution. The Brand Evangelist organizes and executes DeeBees brand presence at key events, and uses their passion for the brand and their shining personality to build our fan base. They are the eyes and ears on the ground, listening to how consumers perceive our brand and sharing this useful insight with the broader business to support future opportunities and develop new marketing ideas. The Brand Evangelist will develop strong relationships with retailers, on social media, and in their communities. They are ‘in touch’ with local scenes, and will create and suggest opportunities for brand partnerships and synergistic events in their region.
If you are an entrepreneurial, collaborative and innovative sales or marketing professional looking for the opportunity to make waves in the natural food industry – we want to hear from you! Work for a fun, exciting company and demonstrate your passion and excitement for happy, healthy living by creating legendary experiences for your consumer.
Brand Demo & Special Event Responsibilities
- Promote the DeeBees at retailer demos and special events.
- Interact with customers and sales prospects.
- Demonstrate our products with enthusiasm and ‘personality’, giving out free samples to the public, and generating public interest in the brand.
- Provides complete information about the brand, including info about the products, ingredients, certifications, company story, history, availability etc.
- Sets up and breaks down displays of the brand.
- Keeps selling environment neat and clean, and on-brand.
- Answers questions about DeeBees products with confidence.
- Staffing vendor booths at festivals or events, and facilitating mobile POS, cash handling, set up, take down etc.
- Management and training of additional demo staff and volunteers as-needed.
- Performs other marketing duties relevant to promoting the brand.
· Assists managers with the implementation and success tracking of marketing campaigns.
· Shares ideas with supervisors regarding new, creative ways to market the brand on a community level.
· Maintains a customer database of key retailer and event contacts, and relays these contacts to the marketing coordinator.
· Help identify opportunities to acquiring new retail accounts.
· Identify, secure and assist in execution of key sponsorships in their local region (festivals and events) to drive brand visibility.
· Maintain and submit a monthly brand activity plan specifically relating to assigned KPIs
Social Media Responsibilities
- Working closely with the team, generate, edit, publish and share daily social media content.
- Collaborating with the Marketing Coordinator and external Digital Strategy team to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
- Use social media to connect with the public, engaging potential customers in dialogue.
- Create and publish posts, photos and videos relating to DeeBees activities on a local level, sharing stories, moments, experiences that contribute to the overall DeeBees story.
Professional Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 1-2 years of sales or marketing experience.
- Experience in the grocery, natural foods, hospitality/food and beverage are all considered strong assets.
- Interest in Health & Wellness, and healthy food is an asset.
- Must be “in the know” with the respective community scene and possess strong social skills and networks.
- Must be a self-starter – possess the ability to work independently and take decisive ownership.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills with outstanding time management and multi-tasking capabilities.
- High energy team player with a proven track record of successful relationship building.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to adapt in a constantly evolving environment.
- Innate ability to grasp and interpret brand strategies in order to create tools and tactics for successful in-field execution.
- Capable of building effective internal and external relationships with key stakeholders.
- Contract until December 2016, with the possibility of extending through 2017
- Flexible schedule (some nights and weekends)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Please contact Mylene Brousseau at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this opportunity.
Local candidates only:
- Vancouver, BC
Required license or certification:
· Valid Driver's License