Valentine's Day is coming up quickly, and in honor of the ‘holiday of love,’ we’re sharing some of our favorite ways to celebrate self-love in your family!
Sharing affirmations can be a great way to bond as a family and instill a sense of purpose, belonging, and confidence in your growing little ones. Whether you choose to share your affirmations out loud, on sticky notes, or as journal prompts, affirmations can be entirely tailored to you, your family dynamics and your families.
Here are some of our favorite affirmations for kids (big and small!) to help encourage self-love and acceptance.
I am resilient.
I am surrounded by love.
I can learn to do new things.
I love my body and my mind.
I am kind.
I am a good friend.
I am special to the people who love me.
I can ask for help when I need it.
I am smart in many different ways.
I have so many gifts to give my family, friends and community.
I deserve to use kind words when I speak to myself.
I am a hard worker.
My body is beautiful and strong.
I am a leader in my own way.
I bring joy to the lives of the people around me.
I might not be good at everything, but I am good at something.
I can accomplish anything with hard work and practice.
I know mistakes are part of learning, and I embrace my mistakes without feeling bad about myself.
I will trust my intuition.
I know it’s okay to have a hard day.
I am proud to be a part of my family.
I can learn new skills and hobbies.
I am safe and loved.
My words have an impact on those around me.
I deserve to treat my body with grace and respect.
I am enough.
Create Your Own Valentine’s Day Self Love Traditions
Creating your own affirmations can be a great tradition to create with your family, especially as a Valentine’s Day activity. Here are some of our favorite ideas for creating self-love traditions with your kids:
- Bond with you little ones and create beautiful affirmation cutouts to put on mirrors, doors, or anywhere else around the house. We created our own version below to print and use it this Valentine’s Day!
- Write your affirmations on little heart stickies and post them around the house for self-love reminders. Download our DIY heart-shaped affirmations here!
- Create a heart-shaped poster and design your own affirmation board for your kid’s bedroom doors.
- Draw pictures of what each self-love affirmation means to you.
- Dream up a little song or rhyme to share your affirmations out loud.