The new year is upon us, and you know what that means? The “new year, new you” mentality creeps around every corner. Now, we don’t want to bash new years resolutions. After all, a new year is an excellent time to reflect on your life and set new goals. But resolutions that seek to change who we are or make us feel bad about the flaws that make us human? Let’s leave those in the past!
Keep reading for more ideas on how our founder, Dr. Dionne, sets her new year goals with her family through reflection, gratitude and mindfulness.
What Is A Growth Mindset?
According to an article by Positive Psychology, “a growth mindset is believing that your brain can grow and you can learn many new things. You are not born smart; you become smart.” By contrast, a fixed mindset is the opposite. A fixed mindset does not believe you can learn new things, undo bad habits or gain new knowledge. Your brain is what it is.
At DeeBee’s Organics, we believe in fostering a growth mindset for ourselves, our kids and our families! A growth mindset helps raise resilient kids who are able to adapt to new things and embrace challenges as an opportunity to grow and learn.
How To Foster A Growth Mindset For Your Kids
Nurturing a growth mindset, especially in ourselves and our children, isn’t always easy. Here are some of our favorite activities to foster a growth mindset and teach your children that they can grow, learn, evolve and be mentally secure.
- Support your children as they learn to do the hard things. It might seem easy to help them along with hard tasks, but letting children learn, fail and eventually succeed on their own can be incredible for their self confidence
- Practice communication skills by identifying difficult situations or challenges, and verbalizing how they can be positive or impactful in the long term
- When things feel overwhelming, help your child verbalize a “plan of action” to get through the challenge or difficult emotion
- Model growth mindset behavior. This one can be easier said than done!
Ready to add more goodness to your life? Our blog is full of great ideas to help you get the most out of your new year.
Maybe your goal this year is to create more joy in your life. Check out our blog post, 5 Ways to Spark Joy In Your Life for some great ideas.
Our Favorite Family Thought-Starters For Growth In 2023
According to Dr. Dionne, one of her favorite ways to foster growth as a family is to create traditions around reflection and gratitude. After all, the start of a new year is the perfect time to reinforce a positive and grateful mindset in your children. So grab your DeeBee’s Organics SuperFruit Freezies and set aside some time to reflect on a few family thought-starters. Some of our favorite family thought-starters include:
- I am proud of myself for…
- I love my family because…
- I am grateful for…
- I love myself because…
- I am good at…
- In the new year, I will remember that I am….
- In the new year, I will improve/get better at….
For more great gratitude activities for your family, check out our blog.
Fueling For Good This New Year
While we might not encourage new year's resolutions that imply you or your child needs to change or improve, we do understand families wanting to make positive shifts in their daily routines.These positive shifts might include practicing mindfulness before bedtime, playing more games as a family or eating more fruits and veggies throughout the day. No matter your goals this new year, be ready to tackle them all with our all-natural, beyond-organic DeeBee’s Organics Classic and Tropical SuperFruit Freezies!